Whilst desperately searching for an image or style to base the latest “Get This Look” on, I remember an image of a rather unusual Rustic Chic bedroom I pinned to Pinterest a handful of months ago. To date this feature / inspiration image remains the most repinned image on my Pinterest profile. What about this interior made this image so popular with my fellow “pinners”? – I don’t know… Maybe it’s the barn door headboard or the bold yellow-painted ceiling (a brave choice for sure). I have to agree there is something strangely appealing about this little rustic spaces, it sure looks comfy… and sunny.
I struggled to find a throw similar to the beautiful one used in the image, and as result my collection of items is a little more red whereas the original room is more purple. However, this is the beauty of a Rustic Chic interior – it’s suppose to be mix-and-match. A well-planned Rustic Chic interior or room should have a combination of unrefined, uncomplicated objects offset with more contemporary and elegant pieces and lines. Try sourcing reclaimed or upcycled items like the barn door, or maybe an old worn timber bedside table – it should definitely have a lot of texture. Rustic Chic – where “well-worn meet new”.
GET THIS LOOK:
1. Torch Wall Light – Le Grange Interiors
2. Trawl second-hand stores, flea markets or suppliers that sell reclaimed building elements for old and discarded doors or panels – a great example is this beautiful antique shutter door from Onsite Gallery.
3. Neutral-coloured scatter cushion – Woolworths.
4. Yellow lattice scatter cushion – Woolworths.
5. Dog silhouette scatter cushion – Weylandts.
6. Cape bird scatter cushion – Woolworths.
7. Yellow Ceramic Vases – Le Grange Interiors.
8. This beautiful industrial look “tea” table is also available from Le Grange Interiors.
9. The closest thing I could find of to the purple and yellow throw in the feature image, is this gorgeous handmade India patchwork bedspread from Weylandts.
10. Part of @Home‘s Garden Party range, I just love this funky wire stool…it’s available in black and then this bold yellow.
11. I love this stunning wool rug – also from Le Grange Interiors.
You might also like…