Décor Dictionary: English Roll-Arm Sofa

{click to enlarge}

English Roll-Arm Sofa: or “Club Sofa,” is a comfortable yet elegant sofa with low pleated, rolled arms, a fixed (or “tight”) angled back, a unique downwards swoop of the side, loose T-seat cushions, and turned front legs on brass casters. The sofa, which has become the epitome of timeless English country estate design, is also sometimes called the “Howard Sofa” as it was designed by British furniture manufacturers, Howard & Sons, in the 19th-century.

[Image Sources: 1, 2]

You might also like:

Décor Dictionary: Sofa Table  Décor Dictionary: Selvedge  Décor Dictionary: Refectory Table