With Valentine’s Day being a mere 3 days away, I’m sure there are some of you still scrambling for last minute gifts. Well, don’t sweat it – The Design Tabloid has got your back!
Now that we have given some gorgeous and thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas for that special lady in your life – 10 Last Minute Gifts For HER Under R300 – we turn our attention to the gentlemen.
As we have mentioned in past posts, gift shopping for men can prove to be a real struggle. A lot of the “man gifts” on the shelves are either super corny (novelty beer mug with boobs) or really boring (3 pairs of socks). Truly uninspiring, especially if you are shopping on a budget.
However, have no fear! We have scoured the internet to find 10 thoughtful and tasteful gift ideas for the man in your life – and all under R300!
Happy Valentine’s shopping! Hope you all enjoy spending the day with your loved one!
10 Last Minute Gifts For HIM Under R300
1. “With its elegant design and finish, this small hip flask captures the spirit of the roaring 1920s, when patrons of jazz bars and speakeasies would drink their favourite tipples from little hip flasks. It’s perfect for parties and comes with a handy little funnel so you can decant whiskies, brandies, gins or other alcohols straight from the bottle.” Available from Yuppiechef – only R 299.00 | LEVEL THIS GIFT UP: Want to make this gift extra special? Pair this hip flask with a boutique bottle of your man’s drink of choice – be that whiskey, gin, cognac or rum. South Africa has made some big waves internationally for crafting excellent local small-batch spirits.
2. This sleek and minimalist bathroom mirror with its trendy matte black finish would make for a gorgeous and edgy addition to your loved one’s bathroom. The mirror is double-sided and on a nifty stand to allow for easy, close-up and handsfree shaving. Available from Woolworths – only R 250.00 | LEVEL THIS GIFT UP: Make it a grooming set! Add a luxurious shaving cream (like the one below, number 3), a soothing aftershave and a plush face towel.
3. Cowshed, the luxury, award-winning UK spa brand has finally reached South African shores. Try the “Bollocks Smooth Shaving Cream” from their “Bollocks for Men” range (lol, love the name!). It is a no-nonsense yet luxurious shaving cream with the added benefit of Hemp Seed Oil. Available through Woolworths – only R 298.00 | LEVEL THIS GIFT UP: Get him hooked on smooth-as-bollocks skin by adding Cowshed’s nifty sample-sized “Pocket Cow” travel set for men. it contains a shampoo and conditioner, both an invigorating and soothing shower gel and a relaxing body lotion – all in a Cowshed wash bag.
4. Okay, as we included this item on both our Gifts for HER and Gifts for HIM lists, you can clearly see that we really love this cute pencil bag from Skinny laMinx! The Pen Bag is lined with a patterned Skinny laMinx print and closes with a coordinating chunky zip – only R 155.00 | LEVEL THIS GIFT UP: Is the gentleman in your life a scribbler or a doodler? Fill this tiny bag with a variety of pens and pencils and pair it with a dashing journal or leather moleskin sketchbook.
5. This organic massage oil from Soil contains a warm blend of Lavender, Ylang-Ylang and Geranium to calm, de-stress and revive while also hydrating the skin. Available through Wellness Warehouse – only R 134.95 | LEVEL THIS GIFT UP: I guess this one is quite self-explanatory – spoil your loved one by treating him with a relaxing massage. Oh, and don’t forget the candles and bubbly!
6. “Experience Wilderer’s Big 5 spirits in this unique gift pack which offers the opportunity to sample a little bit of everything. It makes an ideal gift for a spirit lover and connoisseur.” The gift pack includes 5 mini bottles of craft spirits from the Wilderer core range including a schnapps, an Eau de vie, a fynbos gin, and both a fynbos and pinotage Grappa. Available through Yuppiechef – R 299.00 | LEVEL THIS GIFT UP: Pair this gift with a lovely set of glasses or a collection of suitable tonics and mixers to best enjoy his drink with.
7. Let your beau know exactly how you feel about him with this playful “You Float My Boat” print from Zana Products. The quirky illustration is digitally printed in black onto an 8 x 11″ recycled card – currently on sale for only R 45.00 | LEVEL THIS GIFT UP: Buy a lovely contemporary black box frame for this print and offer to hang your loved one’s sentimental new art piece yourself.
8. Is your man a shower singer? Then you have to buy him this dapper waterproof bluetooth speaker from Typo. The speaker comes in a grungy concrete finish and sticks to tiled surfaces for easy reach – only R 299.99 | LEVEL THIS GIFT UP: Keep the tunes coming by including an iTunes or Spotify gift card or download his favourite podcasts for early morning shower inspiration.
9. Whether the man in your life is a braai master or just an outright meat-eater, this “Carnivore Club” spice gift set from eat.art will set his cooking fire alight. The collection of spice blends is inspired popular global meat pairings (from Chimichurri beef to Caribbean jerk chicken and more), including a handy printed spice shaker tin containing an all-purpose traditional barbeque blend. Available through Yuppiechef – only R 299.00 | LEVEL THIS GIFT UP: Put this gift into immediate use by including some prime cuts of gorgeous meat and offering to make the sides and salads while your man braais up a meat storm.
10. Gift your partner with this gorgeous set of marble and terrazzo coasters. A perfect practical and decorative addition to any contemporary space. Available from Weylandts – only R 295.00 | LEVEL THIS GIFT UP: Make it a bar cart themed gift – include a beautiful ice bucket, a cocktail shaker, or other nifty bar accessories.