With Valentine’s Day being a mere 3 days away, I’m sure there are some of you still scrambling for last minute gifts. Well, don’t sweat it – The Design Tabloid has got your back!
We know that finding a Valentine’s Day gift that is not covered in cheesy cupids and corny slogans can be quite difficult and frustrating – especially when shopping on a budget. Therefore, we searched high and low to find 10 beautiful items, all under R300, that would make gorgeous and original V-Day gifts for that special lady in your life. Truth be told, there is a good couple of items on this here list that I wouldn’t mind getting myself!
And if you are still scratching your head for gift ideas for the special man in your life – fear not – our 10 Gifts for HIM Under R300 post will follow soon.
Happy Valentine’s shopping! Hope you all enjoy spending the day with your loved one!
10 Last Minute Gifts For HER Under R300
1. I adore this gorgeous handcrafted “High Five Clutch“ by Little Grey Wolf. The quirky hand design is block printed on cotton and trimmed with a gold zipper and genuine leather riempie pull. Available online from the Little Grey Wolf website and through limited stockists – only R 200.00 | LEVEL THIS GIFT UP: Want to make this gift extra special? Determine your special lady’s favourite brand and colour of lipstick (do some spy work if necessary) and slip it into this clutch as an added surprise.
2. Every girl’s handbag needs a luxurious hand cream to help keep those elegant hands smooth and silky. This beautiful-smelling “White Blossom Hand and Nail Cream” from Poetry should do the trick – only R 99.00 | LEVEL THIS GIFT UP: Add to the pamper element of this gift by including a manicure voucher from a local spa or beauty salon.
3. Inspired by Pop Art & Memphis styles, these “Pop Art Drop Earrings” from Swoon Handmade are playful and summery – the perfect accessory to compliment that summer dress. I love the quirky (not to mention trendy) retro-tastic design – only R 180.00 | LEVEL THIS GIFT UP: What is better than one pair of earrings? TWO! Take a browse through the Swoon website to see their gorgeous product range (hint: tasselled earrings are also super trendy right now).
4. Okay, since it is Valentine’s Day, we had to slip a heart into the mix. However, this beautiful and edgy hand-illustrated floral HEART print by Sammy Sheppard is anything but cheesy! – only R 120.00 for an A4 print | LEVEL THIS GIFT UP: Buy a lovely contemporary frame for this print and offer to hang your loved one’s pretty new art piece yourself #handyman
5. I am not going to lie – I’m a little bit obsessed with this quirky and “shapely” necklace from Trinket. The “Summer Eve” pendant comes in either stainless steel or brass with a stainless steel chain – only R 280.00 | LEVEL THIS GIFT UP: Make it a set – Trinket has a gorgeous range of earrings and brooches – all drool-worthy.
6. One can’t go wrong by including some classy nibbles into your V-Day gift. This delectable assorted nougat giftbox from Ma Mère Confections is not only delicious but looks beautiful too. Available through Yuppiechef – R 189.00 | LEVEL THIS GIFT UP: Did you know that nougat and champagne make for an excellent pairing? Include a lovely bottle of bubbly and have your own romantic tasting session!
7. This beautifully designed satin chiffon “Blythe Scarf” by Daphne Accessories is the conversational statement piece your loved one’s wardrobe has been missing. She can tie it in her hair, around her neck, or around her handbag. Available online through the Daphne website – only R 270.00 | LEVEL THIS GIFT UP: A gorgeous statement semi-precious stone ring or stack ring would beautifully complement this stylish scarf.
8. One word – adorable! We love this cute, colourful and compact pencil bag from Skinny laMinx. The Pen Bag is lined with a patterned Skinny laMinx print and closes with a coordinating chunky zip – only R 155.00 | LEVEL THIS GIFT UP: Is your lady a scribbler or a doodler? Fill this tiny bag with a variety of cute or useful pens and pencils and pair it with a gorgeous journal or lovely moleskin sketchbook.
9. I’m a sucker for a beautiful mug. This feminine hand-painted floral mug from Poetry would make for a gorgeous gift for your loved one’s morning cuppa joe or afternoon tea – only R 180.00 | LEVEL THIS GIFT UP: If your girl happens to be a tea drinker, our gift below (number 10) would pair beautifully with this cup. On the other hand, if she is a coffee drinker, why not stick a bunch of flavoured coffee sachets into the cup or add a bag of her favourite roast.
10. A lovely selection of loose leaf herbal teas in a beautiful gift box. The “Herbal Tea Botanics Set” from Poetry is blended to give an explosion of flavour – only R 250.00 | LEVEL THIS GIFT UP: As mentioned above, a gorgeous teacup or mug would be a perfect addition to this gift. Another mindful idea is to add a dainty glass loose-leaf teapot or a tea infuser.