Monthly Archives: December 2016
Wishing all our readers and friends a Merry Christmas and a joyous festive season!
We loved sharing our passion for design, décor and pretty things with you this past year!
Our studio will be closed for business from today, the 15th of December 2016, to Monday the 16th of January 2017. Keep your eyes peeled – next year brings BIG and exciting things!
Have a good one, guys and gals! Design Monarchy out!
Love, Rose & Marica x x x
Now that we have given you some ideas for 10 gorgeous gifts you can give that special lady in your life this Christmas, it is time to turn our attention to the dudes.
Gift shopping for men is hard guys, seriously. It seems that a lot of the “man gifts” on the shelves are either super corny (novelty beer mug with boobs) or really boring (3 pairs of socks).
BUT, have no fear! We have scoured the internet to find thoughtful and tasteful gift ideas for your dad, brother or boyfriend – and all under R200! Here is our 10 Gifts for HIM Under R200 wishlist.
Enjoy and happy Christmas shopping!
10 Gifts For HIM Under R200
1. This small 2-cup stovetop espresso maker in a sexy matte black colour from Yuppiechef is the perfect gift for a coffee lover, just add some quality coffee beans – only R169.
2. Help your bearded loved one take care of his glorious mane with this macadamia and orange “The Neutkraker” beard oil from Buffelsfontein Baard-olie… bedref jouself, jou rowwe bliksem – only R99.95
3. Just what every meat-loving man needs – a folding switchblade biltong knife with rosewood handle – for the real biltong-eating pro. Available from Duesouth – only R179.
4. Chill your drink with these whiskey stones made from granite, marble and soapstone… because any whiskey connoisseur worth his salt knows ice belongs in a coke, not in a single malt. Available from Woolworths – only R199.
5. For the stylish man, a dapper textured bowtie in navy, with red dots from Markham – only R120.
6. Love this tongue-in-cheek house-shaped tissue box in masculine black, perfect for a dude’s apartment. Available online from Superbalist – only R119.
7. Treat a beer-loving friend with this awesome taste of Belguim beer gift pack from Yuppiechef. Each gift box contains 4 beers – a Duvel Blonde, a Maredsous Tripel, a La Chouffe Blond Ale and a Liefmans Fruitesse – only R179.
8. For the clean-shaven man, why not rock it old school with this beautiful boar bristle shaving brush from The Shaving Company – only R80.
9. Add some local design flair to your man’s home with this small soft bucket from Skinny laMinx in her blue Orla fabric. It’s perfect for a pot plant or to stow odds and ends – only R175.
10. Does one of the men in your life like the fiery taste of chilli? Get him this Sriracha gift set from Woolworths. The set contains a Sriracha salt & wooden scoop, Sriracha seasoning shaker tin & Sriracha sauce – only R129.95
And the four lucky winners of the greeting card set giveaway are… Michelle Vooght, Laurita Smal, Timea Kulcsar and Lyn Mason!
Congratulations ladies! You each win a set of three gorgeous Leila Fanner greeting cards. Your prizes are on the way, enjoy them! We would like to thank everybody who entered the giveaway, and thanks to Leila Fanner for sponsoring the beautiful prizes!