Décor Dictionary: English Roll-Arm Sofa

{click to enlarge}

English Roll-Arm Sofa: or “Club Sofa,” is a comfortable yet elegant sofa with low pleated, rolled arms, a fixed (or “tight”) angled back, a unique downwards swoop of the side, loose T-seat cushions, and turned front legs on brass casters. The sofa, which has become the epitome of timeless English country estate design, is also sometimes called the “Howard Sofa” as it was designed by British furniture manufacturers, Howard & Sons, in the 19th-century.

[Image Sources: 1, 2]

You might also like:

Décor Dictionary: Sofa Table  Décor Dictionary: Selvedge  Décor Dictionary: Refectory Table


About The Design Tabloid

The Design Tabloid brings you the latest gossip concerning South African design talent. It’s our aim to showcase local interior design, architecture, furniture, décor, & related suppliers and feature the gifted designers behind them. Also, providing a platform to young emerging designers and added exposure to unknown established companies. We strive to be an interactive online source of design innovation, information, and inspiration. The Design Tabloid is brought to you by Design Monarchy; a Cape Town based Interior Design & Decor Company under the expert guidance of Rose McClement, an interior decorator/stylist with more years of industry experience than she cares to mention. We hope our passion for design inspires you. We are Proudly South African, celebrate with us!

Posted on July 17, 2015, in Decorating Dictionary, Furniture and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: