Hello – being the month of LUV, it is probably as good a time as any to take a look around your work / office or desk space – just to check out whether your are feeling connected to it, or disconnected from it. Are you showing yourself some self-care, self-nurturing and plenty of self-love within the space that you spend many hours working? Does your work space or office reflect your love and passion for your chosen career or the work that you do?
If your office or work space could speak, what you think it would say to you or anyone that comes into that space for that matter? Would it gripe and groan about being neglected, taken for granted or having no identity of its own? Or would it speak of having the satisfaction of being in the heart connection with you, your work and being able to hold you within a space that affords you the opportunity finding the expression of your passion? Like “I support, love, inspire & honour my person everyday” of their working life. I enjoy being part of their business & provide that space for them to be comfortable enough to make plenty money!!
Why is it that we think that the expression of our heart space is only in our home and not in the office as well? Be it home or formal office – begin to own it. Let’s put some Heart & Luv into our office/ work space. Make it your own and change its story – if you have to.
I probed Marica to find out what she would do for her workspace. Here are her really cool tips on the outward expression of who she is in her workspace:
1. She likes to be organised. Hence some pretty desk organizing tools – colour, pattern & style of her liking.
2. She digs coloured pen & pencils – these are the writing tools of the artsy fartsy. (I too love different coloured pens – and they tell of my love for writing colourful stories). Check out stationery shops like Ampersand or Typo – you will find all sorts of nifty, playful stationery.
3. She would like plenty of green plants around – nice one this. Plants are not only cool Feng Shui elements, but need attention and nurturing. Which is just what a career or business needs as well.
4. Cool wall art – clipboards are her hot favourite at the moment. Go onto Pinterest and explore your wall art options – both big and small.
5. She is nuts about illustrative art, so it came as no surprise to find she would have fab box-framed illustrations in her zone. Find art that is an expression of your work. Not just any old art will do.
6. She would love floating bookshelves or some form of open storage unit (maybe open fronted wall boxes) – to store and display all her career-relevant books and mags.
You don’t have to break the bank to create a nurturing work environment. Visit Pinterest and probe the images, even DIY stuff. Allow you creative juices to start flowing. Start small and let it grow. It’s fun!
P.S. Solopreneur & Entrepreneur – a note for you – your dining table is NOT your workspace! I mean really!