There is an exciting new first happening this weekend in Cape Town… the first ever Ideas Magazine Trunk Show! Now as you might know from previous articles, we here at Design Monarchy love our Ideas Mag – so this is a a show we dare not miss!
It is set to be an awesome boutique showcase of locally-made bespoke home décor and accessories, unique handmade and crafted items, as well as originally designed wares. Many of the vendors and exhibitors attending the Trunk Show this year have previously been featured in Ideas Magazine, and their work will be showcased at the show in a visually amazing space created by the Ideas team.
One of the things Rose and I are most excited about is the fact that the Ideas team create 99% of the DIY items featured in the magazine and this is a once off opportunity to purchase them!
“One of the biggest global trends at the moment is the ‘handmade movement’, reflecting people’s need for personalisation in a world of mass-produced products,” says Ideas magazine editor Terena le Roux.
“DIY has replaced DKNY, so much so that almost half the adults in the US regularly practise DIY and in the UK, the market has grown by 33% over the last 5 years,” says le Roux. “Where craft was once seen as old fashioned, there has been a shift to authentic, one-off products and the growing amount of successful craft markets and on-line craft shops and marketplaces show that there is a market for modern, well-crafted products.”
“Whether you love to create, or are just inspired by the extraordinary craft of others, the Ideas Magazine Trunk Show is a unique browse-and-buy experience that personally introduces the creations of over 20 talented exhibitors to an audience ever on the hunt for handmade and niche products for yourself and for your home,” says le Roux.
Here’s a peak at some of the exhibitors at the Ideas Magazine Trunk Show:
• Mitat – bespoke home decor products with designed and screen-printed fabric and paper
• Dots Quilts – paradise for quilters and quilt-lovers alike
• Oscar W Designs – retro and vintage style crates, furniture and signs
• Vintage collectables
• Biscuit Scout – hand-knitted décor items
• Bokke & Blomme – expressive decor accessories spelled out in ‘word’ format
• Cape Craft – the go-to source for decorative punches, stencils and anything laser-cut or engraved
• Photoblox – get your favourite Instagram, Facebook or digital photo printed on a wooden block
• Nicoletta – sweet inspirations for smashing cakes that shimmer, sparkle and bedazzle
• Peg & Thread – beautiful hand-made sewing, knitting and creative kits in vintage-chic packaging
Before or after a look and a shop, guests can have a bite to eat in the Lodge’s vintage dining room or sip on a glass of wine in the show’s wine lounge. Also on sale will be difficult-to-source craft equipment.
Ideas Trunk Show:
When: Saturday 13 July, 9h00-17h00, and Sunday 14 July 9h00-16h00
Where: Simondium Country Lodge, Paarl-Franschhoek Road (R45)
Tickets can be purchased at the door or directly from Taheerah Abrahams at Ideas magazine, email Taheera.Abrahams@media24.com or call 021 408 3837
For more information log onto www.ideasmag.co.za Look for the Ideas magazine page on Facebook www.facebook.com/Ideasmag or follow @Ideas_magazine on Twitter.
One thought on “Who’s Going To The Trunk Show?”
Wish I could go… Oh dear… Sounds awesome!