Décor Dictionary: Ombre

I’m sure you have noticed this dramatic, playful trend around the web the last couple of years – it everywhere. Anything from hair and fashion, to furniture and décor… even walls and wedding cakes! It is definitely one of my favourite trends…

Ombre:  is a French term meaning “shaded” or “shading” and refers to a dyed, printed, painted, or woven design of which the colour graduates from light to dark. Said to be an extension of the 60’s hippie tie-dye trend, Ombre can either be applied in a gradual saturation (the “dip-dye” effect) or in stepped, stripe-like shades (the “colour chart” effect).

[Images sources: 12 & 3]

You might also like:



5 thoughts on “Décor Dictionary: Ombre

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.