Buying a Father’s Day gift for my dad was always easy. He enjoyed the simple things – a good bottle of red wine or just relaxing around the braai with his family. Like most men, he also enjoyed a clever gadget and general outdoors-y things. For those of you who have not yet purchased something special for your dad in celebration of Father’s Day, I compiled three collections of awesome gifts & gadgets. Gifts for dads who like to RELAX, TRAVEL or BRAAI…
1. A nice comfy modern classic like this gorgeous vintage leather Eames Lounge Chair from Magenta Jade.
2. For the gadget-savvy dad, an Apple iPod – read an ebook, check rugby scores or play some Sudoku.
3. For toasty toes – genuine sheepskin & suede loafers from Oskimo.
4. A stylish throw to snuggle down with like this Geo throw from Mr. Price Home.
5. Nothing like a good red wine. This Spier Signature Shiraz 2010 was one of only nine wines with 4-Star rating in this year’s Best Value Wine Guide. I have had it before – it’s smashing.
1. I adore this gorgeous leather laptop bag for the fashion-conscious dad – it’s called the “Big Boy Bag” and is available at Meekel.
2. Vintage-style leather toiletry bag from Dark Horse.
3. Perfect for a dad on the move – a Bodum Travel Press Coffee Mug available at 5rooms.com
4. Ever heard of the survivalist Bear Grylls? Well, this a pocket knife / multi-tool that forms part of the Bear Grylls survival tools range available at Cape Union Mart – seriously hardcore.
5. A limited addition Top Gear TomTom GPS that features the voice of Jeremy Clarkson! Even I want that! Also available at Cape Union Mart.
1. Weber Smokey Joe Portable Braai in turquoise. Perfect to take to the rugby or camping! Available from YuppieChef.
2. The Mungo Man Cloth, a one-size-fits-all wrap around apron designed for tackling kitchen tasks with “manly abandon” – or for the greasy braai area. Also, YuppieChef.
3. Super cool gadget called the Looftlighter – lights your braai or fireplace with super-heated air within 60 seconds (no more fire-lighters or lighter-fluid needed)!
4. What about this electronic Thermo Fork to get that meat and roasts just right – from Hirsch’s.
5. “Braai in Style” by Lannice Snyman – A South African institution in cookbook terms! The complete outdoor cookbook. Also available at YuppieChef.
And there you go! Fifteen Father’s Day gifts sure to be a hit! Enjoy Father’s Day everybody!
One thought on “Some Super Father’s Day Gifts”
Hhmm!!! very nice collection here – I would probably select from the Braai section – some lekka gadgets there that could be used by moi as well.