Some of you more observant peeps my recall seeing this lovely Mid-Century Modern feature image (source) somewhere before – that is because I have used it in a past Colour-Coded Inspiration post. I simply love this sleek & sexy black & white retro lounge! Mid-Century Modern is a mid-20th century style of architecture, furniture – and product design that originated in the early 1930s and continued into the mid-1960s. Often referred to as “modern” or “retro”, the style is characterized by simplicity, clean lines, organic forms, and the use of wood, metal, and plastic. Mid-Century Modern design was greatly influenced by the uncomplicated and practical Scandinavian designs of the time. This house is located somewhere in Sweden and is an excellent example of modern-meets-contemporary Scandinavian design. Simply gorgeous!
GET THIS LOOK:
1. Love this gorgeous matt black Bentwood Chair from Weylandts.
2. Add a little African flair to your collection (also known as a “gallery wall“) of photos & art by including these lovely prints from Cara Saven available at 5rooms.com
3. Sleek contemporary server is from Tonic Design.
4. These lovely scatter cushions are perfect for this black, white & grey space – all from Woolworths. Choose simplistic geometric patterns & stripes… you can also include one or two with typography designs.
5. Super cool adjustable Zig Zag Floor Lamp from Weylandts.
6. Cute deep-buttoned retro sofa in charcoal via 5rooms.com
7. I rather prefer this more rustic industrial timber coffee table on wheels – Le Grange Interiors.
8. The Mid-Century Modern lounge chairs play a big role in this Get The Look, I suggest trawling second-hand shops, or suppliers who specialises in the import or restoration of Mid-Century Modern furniture like Vamp or Restore. The chair in our Get The Look is a gorgeous vintage Scandinavian import available at Space For Life and the little faux fur cushion is from @Home.
9. Add this lovely woven two-tone throw from Mr. Price Home.
10. Continuing with a little more African flair – I simply adore this white / grey zig-zag animal hide rug from @Home.
- Colour-Coded Inspiration – Black & White (thedesigntabloid.com)
- Colour-Coded Inspiration: Orange (thedesigntabloid.com)
5 thoughts on “Get This Look – Mid-Century Modern Lounge”
What an inspirating interior. After living with a more traditional decor, a room like this inspires me to make a change.
I sure is different. It makes such a bold, dramatic statement – yet it remains calm, relaxed and sleek. Wouldn’t mind a lounge like this at all. Super trendy, cool & quirky. ❤
Love that chair from Space for Life!
It’s gorgeous right! You should see the rest of their showroom – it’s like retro Scandi heaven!
[…] Get This Look – Mid-Century Modern Lounge (thedesigntabloid.com) […]