Get This Look – Mid-Century Modern Lounge
Some of you more observant peeps my recall seeing this lovely Mid-Century Modern feature image (source) somewhere before – that is because I have used it in a past Colour-Coded Inspiration post. I simply love this sleek & sexy black & white retro lounge! Mid-Century Modern is a mid-20th century style of architecture, furniture – and product design that originated in the early 1930s and continued into the mid-1960s. Often referred to as “modern” or “retro”, the style is characterized by simplicity, clean lines, organic forms, and the use of wood, metal, and plastic. Mid-Century Modern design was greatly influenced by the uncomplicated and practical Scandinavian designs of the time. This house is located somewhere in Sweden and is an excellent example of modern-meets-contemporary Scandinavian design. Simply gorgeous!
GET THIS LOOK:
1. Love this gorgeous matt black Bentwood Chair from Weylandts.
3. Sleek contemporary server is from Tonic Design.
4. These lovely scatter cushions are perfect for this black, white & grey space – all from Woolworths. Choose simplistic geometric patterns & stripes… you can also include one or two with typography designs.
5. Super cool adjustable Zig Zag Floor Lamp from Weylandts.
6. Cute deep-buttoned retro sofa in charcoal via 5rooms.com
7. I rather prefer this more rustic industrial timber coffee table on wheels – Le Grange Interiors.
8. The Mid-Century Modern lounge chairs play a big role in this Get The Look, I suggest trawling second-hand shops, or suppliers who specialises in the import or restoration of Mid-Century Modern furniture like Vamp or Restore. The chair in our Get The Look is a gorgeous vintage Scandinavian import available at Space For Life and the little faux fur cushion is from @Home.
9. Add this lovely woven two-tone throw from Mr. Price Home.
10. Continuing with a little more African flair – I simply adore this white / grey zig-zag animal hide rug from @Home.
- Colour-Coded Inspiration – Black & White (thedesigntabloid.com)
- Colour-Coded Inspiration: Orange (thedesigntabloid.com)
Posted on June 12, 2012, in Decor, Furniture, Get The Look, Interior Design, Suppliers and tagged @Home Furniture Store, Decor, Decor Ideas, Design, Furniture, Get The Look, Interior Design, Lounge, Mid-Century modern, South Africa. Bookmark the permalink. 5 Comments.