Some more beautiful Pinterest Christmas inspiration….
Wishing all our readers and friends a Merry Christmas and a joyous festive season!
We loved sharing our passion for design, décor and generally pretty things with you this past year!
Since our studio will be closed for business from today till the 9th of January 2012, The Design Tabloid will slow its pace a bit in terms of posts. Be sure to drop by every week to see what we have to say! Also, keep your eyes peeled – next year brings BIG and exciting things!
Have a good one, guys and gals! Design Tabloid out!
Love, Rose & Marica x x x
1st Prize of the lovely Hot Cakes designer apron set goes to Michelle Nortier and the 2nd Prize Hot Cakes toiletry bag set goes to Lesley Murray!
Congrats ladies! Your prizes are on the way, enjoy them! We would like to thank everybody who entered the give-away, and thanks to Carol Mills for sponsoring the awesome Hot Cakes prizes! Keep your eyes fixed on the Carol Mills Facebook page for stunning new Hot Cakes products – next year will be the start of many great things!
To all our loyal readers who entered the give-away, don’t give up! Be on the look-out for more awesome give-aways and competitions in 2012!
With Christmas only a couple of weeks away we created a snapshot view of 10 awesome items we feel will make beautiful Christmas gifts…this is pretty much my Christmas wishlist! Enjoy and happy Christmas shopping!
1. Persian Tin Soap from Woolworths – the soap is divine…but the gorgeous tin is the show stopper!
2. You see the Le Creuset Strawberry range everywhere nowadays but it doesn’t make this Flower Ramekin with Lid any less desirable! You’ll find most Le Creuset products on Yuppie Chef.
3. I really applaud Mr Price Home for their Proudly South African range of products. Just goes to show you that being patriotic can be affordable! Love the cushions!
4. Drool-worthy bangle set from Truworths.
5. I love these quirky hand-painted ceramic polka dot milk jugs from Ck-ramics. If you are in the Cape Town area, I know that Ck-ramics are currently showing their wares at the Edgemead Christmas market. Gorgeous!
6. Beautiful Turkish Bowls from Poetry.
7. Totally in love with this Nautical Satchel from Truworths (psst…to members of my family and friends…hint hint hint)
8. Funky Geometric Silk Scarf from Woolworths.
9. Loads of Living has a stunning range of tea towels with vintage-inspired designs.
10. Okay, so this item is NOT under R200 BUT it’s well worth the slurge (ag, it’s just R20 extra!). If you have ever been to Knead Bakery in Muizenberg you will know that it’s really something special! And now Evan Faull from Knead has launched this AWESOME cookbook, Café Food at Home. I know it’s available from selected Exclusive Books and Woolworths stores. Truly a must-have!
Have you ever heard someone mention the term Voile and wondered what on earth it meant? Well, now you have to wonder no longer – we will define Voile for you! Here is the latest addition to our Decorating Dictionary…
Voile: is a soft, sheer, lightweight fabric, usually made of 100% cotton or cotton/synthetic blends. The term derives from French, meaning veil. Available in a range of patterns, colours and different thicknesses and textures, voiles are often used as curtaining. Sheer voiles are frequently paired with heavier curtains as it lets in natural light whilst retaining privacy but can also be used on its own for a lighter summery feel.
Images via Curtains Made Simple