After Rose shared her beautiful holiday pics of sunny Mauritius with me, we thought it a good idea to do a Mauritian “Get The Look”. Mauritian style is very similar to the Pacific Island Style of interiors – you will find a lot of woven, wicker and cane furniture and ocean inspired décor and colours. Mauritian Style (like most Tropical Island styles) has also been influenced by the vast number of Indian and Eastern inhabitants – a lot of traditional Hindu and oriental design can be found in everyday Mauritian interiors. The feature/inspiration image we used is a lovely representation of what an upmarket, chic Mauritian Island Style interior could look like.
GET THIS LOOK:
1. Bespoke Yellow Sofa – Moorgas & Sons
2. Various Scatter Cushions – French Script Silk Scatter – Malibu & Resort
– Yellow Scatter – Woolworths
– Blue Stripe Scatter – Woolworths
– Flower Scatter – @Home
– Yellow Striped Scatter – Woolworths
3. Butler’s Tray Side Table – Pierre Cronje
4. Lamp Base – Mr. Price Home
5. Light Blue Throw – Woolworths
6. Cane Rocking Chair – Wetherlys
7. Indigo Coral Scatter Cushion – Cushion Snob
8. Marble Top Coffee Table – Okha
9. Grey Glass Vase – @Home
10. Mother of Pearl Bowl – Weylandts
11. Glass Paperweights – Pezula Interiors
12. Various Coral and Ocean Inspired Décor – Pezula Interiors (I absolutely LOVE these!)
…and then the beautiful woven denim rug is from Anthropologie.
ADD THIS: This gorgeous Box Living Mirror will go perfectly with a chic Mauritian Style interior like above.
- Get This Look: Victorian Bathroom Blues (thedesigntabloid.com)