Monthly Archives: October 2012
You might remember that we featured StateoftheArt.co.za, an online South African art gallery, early last month. Well, Jennifer asked Rose if she would curate a collection of artworks for their regular guest curation feature. To see the selected artworks that appealed to Rose pop over to StateoftheArt.co.za. The piece also features a rather interesting interview where Rose discusses art and style. Check it out: here.
- StateoftheArt.co.za Online Art Gallery (thedesigntabloid.com)
Sjoe, it’s been quite some time since we last did a Get The Look here at The Design Tabloid! When I saw this contemporary lounge setting, featured on Style At Home, I immediately knew I would have no problem sourcing local products for this look. The best thing about this fresh and simplistic room is that it is budget driven and seriously uncomplicated. This white-on-white living room gets all its interest and dimension from its colourful and patterned accessories, while the tree stump tables / stools adds warmth and natural texture.
GET THIS LOOK:
1. Country Road Jeremiah scatter cushion from Woolworths.
2. This Branch Scatter Cushion from Love Milo is the perfect fit!
3. Introduce a bit of colour with this minty chevron cushion from Zana.
4. Add an additional layer by including this super funky rectangular light bulb cushion from Weylandts.
5. I adore this wood and iron desk lamp with its eye-catching red cord - also from Weylandts.
6. Simplicity Wall Clock in white available from @Home.
7. Nothing complicated about this comfy white L-shape sofa from 5rooms.com
8. Solid Jacaranda Stools from LIM.
9. If you struggle to find the right item locally, consider broadening you search to international online shops that ship to SA like West Elm. This Grasslands Throw from West Elm with its Southwest-inspired stencil pattern in a warm palette is just the added dimension this Get The Look needs.You might also like…
When browsing the web to find clever titbits to use as Décor Quick Tips, I often stumble across a variety of interesting and unusual applications for wallpaper… I’m sure you have seen some of them too. So, I thought we can do a little wallpaper Quick Tip series! Keep an eye out for more wallpaper Quick Tips in the weeks to come.
#18 Finding it hard to source art that will perfectly complement your room style and colour scheme? Love a certain wallpaper pattern, but not brave enough to commit to a whole wall? Consider using wallpaper offcuts as quirky framed pieces of art. Group framed wallpapers of various shapes and sizes to create an inexpensive and unique gallery wall.[Image sources: 1, 2, 3] You might also like…
Found this interesting little clip of Li Edelkoort discussing trend forecasting on YouTube. This lady really knows her stuff – she nails it every year, truly amazing. If you have the time, click play – it is very interesting and thought provoking!
‘Lidewij Edelkoort is one of the world’s most renowned trend forecasters. Lidewij has pioneered trend forecasting as a profession. She announces the concepts, colours and materials which will be in fashion two or more years in advance because as she claims, “there is no creation without advance knowledge, and without design, a product cannot exist.” In this way, she and her closely-knit teams orients creative professionals, in interpreting the evolution of society and the signals of consumer tastes to come, without forgetting economic reality.’ - via edelkoort.com